Event dates: 11th-12th April 2024
Event location: London, British Museum, BP Lecture Theatre
Organization: Claire Lucas, Nick Ashton, and Jill Cook
We are pleased to announce that the next Palaeolithic-Mesolithic conference will be held at the British Museum on April 11th and 12th 2024. As with previous conferences the emphasis will be on short papers and poster presentations covering current research, and as with previous meetings there will be no conference publication.
Go straight to:
If you would like to give a paper or a poster, please email a title, short abstract, authors names and affiliations to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th of December 2023 when we will start putting the program together. Although the conference will be a hybrid event, allowing online participation for those unable to attend in person, we ask that speakers come in person to present their research.
Not yet available
Not yet available
Examples of Previous Editions
The conference fee covers the two days and includes teas, coffees, and lunches.
- Standard fee: £70
- Student fee: £40
- Online only (virtual access): £25
If you would like to attend the conference, please fill in the registration form (click here to download), email it to email@example.com , and then pay your conference fee at: https://ticketing.britishmuseum.org/7544.
- I can only attend one day of the conference, is there a reduced fee? Unfortunately, the price is fixed for both days and we do not offer a single day rate.
- I have dietary requirements; do I need to bring my own food and drinks? The most common dietary requirements are accommodated by our caterers, including vegetarian, lactose intolerant, vegan, gluten free, etc. Please indicate any dietary requirement on your registration form to ensure we can meet your needs.
- Where is the BP Lecture Theatre? The BP Lecture Theatre is located just below the Great Court. Coming from the main Museum entrance, head straight to the Great Court and, and take the staircase going down immediately on your right-hand side.
- Is there a step-free access? Yes, a lift can be used on demand. Please ask a member of security or gallery staff for stair-free access to the museum, and then down to the BP Lecture Theatre.
- Is there a cloakroom? Yes, the British Museum cloakroom is located on the ground floor. Turn left as soon as you have entered the Museum, the cloakroom is in the first gallery.
- Is there a quiet room? Yes, a quiet room nearby the BP Lecture Theatre is available on demand. Please ask the conference organizers.
- Is there wifi? Yes, the British Museum has free wifi. If it is not up to speed for your need in the BP Lecture Theatre, we recommend making your way up to the ground floor.